Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why does beer make a better commercial?


I have a theory on beer commercials and why they are so much fun to watch...

It's because the product is fun or at least part of times which are fun.

Beer is one of the great products that fall into the television commercial trifecta known as "Drugs, Sex and Rock n' Roll". Products that fall into the trifecta can, will and have done some of the most known commercials. A great example of this would be the Budweiser frogs. The commercial reached a huge audience (if not directly then in-directly) from the small children in school chanting the croaks to office chatter about those catchy croaks.

Some companies with products not in the category try to make their products fun with very mixed results. These companies walk a fine line when it comes to going overboard and quite often cross that line. One industry in particular has made my stomach turn more often than I'd like from bad commercials and I have written a short request to them below.

A request to feminine hygiene product makers...

STOP! JUST STOP! Your products however useful are and never will be fun! Please stop trying to make them fun.

That's it for now,

TCC

If you have a commercial you would like me to see send me the link at acommercialcritic@gmail.com or leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment